Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Top Ten Tuesday! Favorite Paranormal YA authors.
Just so ya'll know...this meme is hosted by Broke and Bookish
BACK TO THE POINT. Fave Paranormal Ya Writers.
Considering I have like, a bazillion favorite Paranormal YA authors it's kinda hard to narrow it down. But I'll try my best. I know you are supposed to do this from best to least... but I just can't. I love all these authors equally.
1) Jennifer Lynn Barnes. Omigod omigod omigod. Her writing is beautiful, heart wrenching and powerful. I love all of her characters in the Raised by Wolves series. Plus Tattoo and Fate are great!
2) C. C. Hunter. I mean, how could you NOT love her writing. It's funny, relatable and unique. I can't wait to read Whispers at Moonrise.
3) Cynthia Hand... whoa whoa whoa. When I first read Unearthly, I stayed up all night to finish it. I was at our Maine rental place and my cousins were sharing a room with me and wanted to kill me! I don't care though... her writing is romantic and distinctive.
4) Okay, I may get 'in trouble' for this one...but Amanda Hocking. I know I know I know everyones like she's another Stephanie Meyer! And I understand that but she does write a completely original, fast-paced and (best of all) romantic plot. I'm yet to read one of her books and not like it, so I had to include her.
5) Kelley Armstrong! I do an exclamation mark because her writing is the BEST. Her writing is effortless, almost like she is speaking rather than writing. It seems so natural.
6) Rachel Hawkins. Her humor, which you can see evidently in her books, makes her novels complete. She writes a great plot line, but the snarky protagonists add to her books as a hole!
7) Abbi Glines, read all of her books in a week. Couldn't stop myself. The characters are relatable and the romance is so dang hot!
8) Robin Lafevers, this girl can seriously WRITE. Literally, Grave Mercy may be my favorite book ever. Which is funny cause...I read some negative reviews and was like ehhh should I buy it? I'm so glad I decided to because it was INCREDIBLE. The plot is unlike anything I've ever read.. fighting nuns in a historic setting. With paranormal. It's like my dream book and I had to include Robin in here because she wrote this beautiful gem.
9) Amy Plum...purely for the romance. The plot in "Die For Me" series are good, but it's the characters love story that she focuses on more. And it was a good idea because the romance was both steamy and beautiful.
10) Cara Lynn Shultz. Great author, of Spellbound/Caster writes beautiful characters. Her characters are one-in-a-kind, and I can't wait for her future books. Like seriously. Also...Spellbound/caster takes place in NYC. Which is a huge plus. I love books that take place in NYC!