Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Haunted Week Day 1: Ghosts of Books Half-Read




October 24th - Ghosts of Books Half-Read 
Ever had the feeling that someone was watching you? It just might the spirit of a book you haven't put to rest. Today feature five books you began but never finished.

BOO! 

Did I scare you? Sorry this post is so late... ahh I have so much homework tonight, makes me want to cry. Anyways, I'M SO GLAD IT'S HAUNTED WEEK. Weeeee!


Betwixt by Tara Bray Smith:


Yikes. I've started this book more times than I can count. It's a good book and very unique, I just always get halfway through and stop, because it's so dang long. 


I've heard some nasty reviews about it, and I just don't agree with them. The writing is solid, and I quite liked the characters. 


That being said, I'm positive I'm not the only person who didn't finish this book. The middle just falls flat. I really wanted to love this book, as it had all the potential for a great novel, or maybe even a series.








Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgens:

I saw seriously so excited to read this book. I read so many great reviews and it seems like it was perfect for a paranormal/romance junkie like me. 


The main issue I had with the book I suppose was the characters. I didn't really relate to any of them. Anna is cute and sweet and all, but we just are so different. Kaidan... I didn't think his personality was original.


I dont know though, maybe I should try to read it again. I mean.... with so many GREAT reviews, I feel like I should've liked it more. 


I only finished a 1/2 of this book :(






Illuminati by Aimee Agresti:

I really, really liked this book. Now that I'm looking back at it, I think I'm going to pick it back up and start fresh. 


I read it knowing there was a book coming out soon that I wanted to read, but I needed something to tide me over in between.


I liked the setting, Chicago. It's a nice change up from the NYC books! Also...it's a very mysterious, exciting tale. I didn't even have to look up the characters names before writing this, even though I started it right after it came out last March (so...awhile ago...many many book years ago.)


The main thing that stopped me from finishing was the book I wanted to read came out before I could finish, and I never came back to it. It deserves a second shot, though!





Firelight by Sophie Jordan:

I know you guys are probably shaking your head at me not finishing this book. I know I know I know. It has a cult like following that I don't want to mess with.


That said...to be honest, I didn't really like this book.


The characters were not in anyway relatable. I didn't like the romance, it seemed to predictable. Actually, for me personally, I predicted the whole ending. (I read spoilers online.)



Reading it bored me, and I tried to push through it, but eventually I just gave up. I'm weak, I know.



Glimpse by Stacey Wallace Benefiel

This book had some great potential. And I know a ton of people that LOVE it. So don't take my opinion to seriously on this one. Or any of these books for this matter.



The characters seemed so immature. The whole romance seemed immature. The plot seemed a bit underdeveloped and nothing was really happening. So I gave up.



I've heard the ending is really interesting though...maybe I'll try again. But honestly, because of the underdevelopment of characters/romance/plot, I may just let this one relax as a ghost.







THANKS FOR READING! HAPPY EARLY HALLOWEEN. By the way, if any of these books have been on your TBR list, don't base your opinion on these. I partially stopped reading these cause of  my general ADHD/boredom combo. 




2 comments:

  1. Awe, too bad, this is a whole post of books I've been wanting to read! Especially Illuminate—the cover is too pretty. But I guess that's what I'm going to get if I keep picking my reads by their covers! ;)

    Great post! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Well as I said, don't listen to my opinion, as many of these books have some great reviews. Illuminate is a really great book. I'm going to try re-reading that one this weekend :) I really loved the cover, that's what drew me to it! Happy Haunted Week, girl! :)

      Delete