Thursday, November 8, 2012

Review: Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire


Title: Beautiful Disaster
Author: Jamie McGuire
Series: Beautiful
Genre: New Adult Romance
Pub Date: May 26th, 2011
Pages: 437

"The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn't drink or swear, and she has the appropriate percentage of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend America, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs - and wants - to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the most-eligible college co-ed. Intrigued by Abby's resistance to his charm, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis' apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has finally met his match" (From Goodreads.)


I really love this book, for all the wrong reasons.

Let me explain...I loved the powerful emotions in the book, and the way you start to feel those emotions. I loved the characters back stories and how their pasts effect them.

Abby I started off loving, as she was determined to make the most of her life and live beyond her horrible past. Towards the middle of the book, it was almost as if she stopped thinking..she didn't care that she was leading two different guys on and wasn't thinking about the consequences. That sort of frustrated me. 

Travis grew on me, at first I didn't like him all that much, but then I started liking him.

The romance in this book is intense and may trigger those who are reading with abusive pasts. Though Travis treats Abby well, his mannerisms are similar to abusers.

I don't want to give anything away but the ending is happy and a SOLID ending. I am quite surprised that there is going to be a second book because it ended so perfectly/

I liked Abby's best friend America, she's very protective over Abby, just like how I am with my best friend.

Shepley was nice enough, just an average boy though.

If you love an intense romance, read this book! 



Cover Art: 9/10 
Characters: 7/10
Plot: 9/10 
Pacing: 7/10

Romance: 10/10
Overall: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment